Note: The Spooktacular Trick or Treat is now finished! Thanks to everyone who took part. Congratulations to our lucky winner…Karen Hachborn!
Continental Currency Exchange and theCurrent present: Spooktacular Trick or Treat! With Halloween almost upon us, we wanted to give something back to you – our loyal readers – in celebration of the holiday. Since everyone is out getting costumes and preparing to eat an unreasonable amount of candy, we figured we’d do a little trick or treating of our own!
How do I play?
Across theCurrent, we have hidden Jack-O-Lantern’s on assorted pages and articles. Simply start browsing the website and you’ll come across these spooky collectibles. Note that you will only find pumpkins of any color on posts from this year (2018). If you’re lucky, you could even find one of the elusive Golden Jack-O-Lanterns and enter to win the grand prize! They could be almost anywhere…even on this page (although it isn’t). Just click on any Jack-O-Lantern’s you find and follow the instructions from there. You have from now until the end of Thursday, November 1 to hunt!
Be sure to check our Facebook and Twitter pages as well throughout the contest. We’ll occasionally post some helpful hints that might just give you the edge you need to find an elusive Golden Jack-O-Lantern!
What do I win?
Without a doubt, the most important question. Find a Golden Jack-O-Lantern, click on it, and enter for your chance to win the scarily great prize of $100 Canadian, converted in to the currency of your choice. If you’re the lucky winner, you can pick the prize up from your favourite Continental branch or have it delivered straight to your door through FXtoGO™! While there are multiple ‘Goldens’ out there, you only need to find one to enter (and there is only one entry allowed per person). Don’t be too frightened though; if you find other coloured Jack-O-Lantern’s you’ll still get a very helpful reward.
While finding a Golden Jack-O-Lantern in your candy bag is the best part of the ‘Spooktacular Trick or Treat’, we hope you’ll spend some time checking out our stories, guides, and other articles. After all, who knows where a big one is lurking! There are many Golden Jack-O-Lanterns to find out there, but the hint below can get you on the trail of one.
Hint: Without a head it haunts the roads, while one drags sailors to the deep. Stumble across these creatures and you’ll find it very hard to sleep.
Any questions? Email us at [email protected]!
Note: FXtoGO online orders and deliveries only valid inside Canada.
Terms and Conditions
Continental Currency Exchange and theCurrent present: Spooktacular Trick or Treat
Official Contest Rules
Please read these Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”) in their entirety before entering the ‘Spooktacular Trick or Treat’ Contest. By entering ‘Spooktacular Trick or Treat’ Contest you agree to be bound by these Rules.
- The ‘Spooktacular Trick or Treat’ (“Contest”) is sponsored by Continental Currency Exchange (“Sponsor”), 190 Church Street, Bowmanville, ON L1C 1T9.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest or to win a prize. A purchase will not improve or affect the chances of winning.
- The Contest opens on Tuesday, October 23, 2018, at 2:00 pm (ET) (“Contest Opening Date”) and closes on Thursday, November 1, 2016 at 11:59 pm (ET) (“Contest Closing Date”).
- The Contest Period runs from the Contest Opening Date to the Contest Closing Date.
- The Contest is open to all visitors of the website www.continentalcurrency.ca and blog.continentalcurrency.ca, also known as The Continental Current, who maintain a home or business address within Canada.
- Current, former or retired employees of either Sponsor (“Excluded Persons”) and any member(s) of the immediate family or household of an Excluded Person are not eligible to win the Grand Prize, but may participate in accordance with the contest rules.
PRIZES AND PRIZE CONDITIONS
- Multiple prizes will be awarded for the Contest: one (1) Grand Prize, and multiple Second Prizes. All prizes will be awarded after the Contest Closing Date.
- The Grand Prize consists of one (1) $100 Canadian cash value, converted/exchanged into the currency of the winner’s choice available for pick up at a Continental branch or via delivery through FXtoGO™. The currency will be exchanged at Continental Currency Exchange’s best retail exchange rate available at the time of request. The delivery must be made to a valid Canadian address.
- Multiple Second Prizes will be awarded consisting of a $5 Gift Card for any order on FXtoGO™ over $500 Canadian value.
- All of the prizes awarded in connection with the Contest are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, have no cash surrender value, and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions.
- The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute any prize with another prize(s) of equivalent or greater value, without liability and for any reason including, but not limited to: delays caused by labour disruptions, adverse weather conditions or other unforeseen events or force majeure, or any other reasons.
WINNER SELECTION AND PRIZE AWARD
- The Grand Prize will be awarded based on a random draw from all Entrants who reach a ‘Golden Jack-O-Lantern’ and enter their names and email. The Secondary Prizes will be available to all Entrants who find and click on any other ‘Jack-O-Lantern’ hidden on the Continental Current.
- The odds/chances of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the number of Entrants who reach a ‘Golden Jack-O-Lantern’. 1 entry per person for finding the ‘Golden Jack-O-Lantern and entering their information.
- The potential winner of the Grand Prize will be announced shortly after the draw (taking place Friday, November 2, 2018), at the discretion of the Sponsor. The potential winner will be contacted by the Sponsor or a representative of the Sponsor by email following the determination of the winner
- At least two attempts will be made to contact the potential winner on different days. If the potential winner cannot be reached by the Sponsor or a representative of the Sponsor within 48 hours of the initial attempt, if any prize notification correspondence is returned as “undeliverable” or if, for any reason, the prize cannot be awarded to the potential winner, the prize will be forfeited by the potential winner, the draw will be redone and the notification process set out in these Rules will be followed until the Grand Prize has been awarded.
- Before being declared a confirmed winner, the potential winner must
(a) correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited skill-testing question (to be administered by telephone at a pre-arranged time); and
(b) sign and return within five (5) business days of notification, a Declaration of Eligibility and Release of Publicity and Liability (“Declaration and Release”) which:
(i) confirms compliance with these Rules;
(ii) acknowledges acceptance of the applicable prize as awarded;
(iii) releases the Sponsor and their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns and all other persons or entities connected with the Contest as described below from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and/or the awarding and use/misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; and
(iv) confirms agreement to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address (city only) without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet.
- If the potential winner fails to correctly answer, unaided, the time-limited skill-testing question; fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; and/or cannot or is, for any reason unable to, accept the Grand Prize as awarded for any reason; then the potential winner will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the Grand Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select an alternate potential winner from among the remaining eligible entries (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to the newly selected potential winner).
- Once the winner has been determined by the Sponsor, the winner must accept delivery of their prize, within two (2) weeks or the prize will be forfeited and there will be no liability to the Sponsor in the event this occurs. Sponsor will confirm prize delivery arrangements with each confirmed winner.
- The Grand Prize is covered by all the restrictions already in place with the FXtoGO online ordering platform. More information can be found here: https://order.continentalcurrency.ca/Order2/PublicOrder
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- In no event will Sponsor or any other releasee (as defined below and referred to collectively as “Released Parties”) be responsible or liable for any and all claims, actions, damages, losses, costs, expense or liability of any kind (including, but not limited to, property damage, personal injuries and/or death, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, and counsel fees and court costs) arising or resulting from anything relating to or including, but not limited to:
(a) the production, administration or execution of the Contest (or Entrant’s participation in the Contest);
(b) cancellation, modification or rescheduling of any aspect of the Contest;
(c) use of any web site(s) related to the Contest or materials on the web site;
(d) acceptance, possession, use, misuse, or non-use of any prize (e) any lost, stolen, not received, destroyed, damaged, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, fraudulent or late entries, and all such entries will be void and not eligible; (f) any failure to receive entries for any reason or technical failures or errors of any kind, including, but not limited to, incorrect or inaccurate capture or loss of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omissions, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, servers, software, traffic congestion on the internet or any website, any other online communication problems, or any combination thereof;
(g) any seeding or printing or typographical errors in any Contest related material or human error; and
(h) any injury or damage to a participant’s or to any other person’s computer system(s) due to viruses or breaches of privacy from interference by third party computers.
- If it is determined that an Entrant has entered the Contest in a manner other than as provided in these Rules or in the ‘Hunt for the Golden Egg’ contest rules, the Entrant will be disqualified and the entry will be disqualified.
- Neither Sponsor nor any other Released Party is responsible for:
(a) any lost, late, damaged, incomplete, illegible, stolen, misdirected, or postage due mail, shipping or email or entries in the Contest;
(b) any website, computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, internet or other equipment, electronics, software, service, transmission, connection, processing or other errors, failures, congestion, accessibility or availability issues;
(c) any unauthorized access, tampering, hacking, theft or destruction;
(d) any other technical or human error in the receipt or processing of entries, or other submissions (whether to or from) or otherwise related to the production, administration or execution of the Contest.
- In these Rules, “Released Party” or “Released Parties” means one or more of Sponsor and their respective affiliates and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors, subcontractors, insurers and assigns.
- The decision(s) of the Sponsor is/are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest including, but not limited to the administration of the Contest, the selection of potential winners, the determination of the eligibility of any entry and the award of any prize in connection with the Contest.
- In the event that a potential or determined winner is disqualified for any reason, the Grand Prize, as the case may be, may be awarded to an alternate winner by random draw from among all remaining eligible Contest entries. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be subject to enforcement, remedies and damages.
- The Sponsor reserves the right, to suspend Contest in whole or in part, at any time and in any way, without prior notice with no obligation or liability. The Sponsor also reserves the right to extend the contest at their sole discretion. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, whether due to technical failure, computer virus, tampering, fraud, or corruption of security or proper administration of the Contest or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, the Sponsor reserves the right to select winners by way of the procedures set forth in these Rules (or any reasonable amended version thereof) from among all valid entries received up to the time of cancellation, termination or suspension.
- Copies of the Rules are available by writing at 190 Church Street, Bowmanville, ON L1C 1T9. The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws of Canada. Void where prohibited.
Stay informed. Stay Current.