FX report for the week ending September 16, 2016
It’s time for another Rate Tracker from theCurrent! Every Monday we’ll provide charts and information giving you a quick rundown of how the Canadian dollar fared against three of the world’s most important currencies – the US dollar, the euro, and the pound sterling. You can also find important news and other events that could affect the dollar in an easy to read table. We hope this will help connect you even more to Continental and the wide world of foreign exchange. Enjoy!
USD/CAD W.E Sep-16-2016 Highlights
- The lack of high impact news in Canada last week did not prevent the loonie from falling sharply against the US dollar, as lower oil prices continue to weigh on the CAD
- All eyes are on the USD this week as the US Federal Reserve is set to have a meeting on interest rates, previsions and a press conference on Wednesday, September 21, 2016
- The US dollar ended the week stronger against the Canadian dollar at 1.3214, up 1.36% from the close of the previous week
EUR/CAD W.E Sep-16-2016 Highlights
- The euro rate increased against the Canadian dollar by 0.70% from its closing rate on September 09, 2016 to end the week at 1.4739
- Euro news to watch out for this week is the speech by ECB President Draghi on Thursday, September 22, 2016
GBP/CAD W.E Sep-16-2016 Highlights
- The sterling weakened last week after the MPC voted unanimously to maintain the bank rate at 0.25% at its meeting ending on September 14, 2016
- The GBP/CAD pair ended the week at 1.7188, down 0.66% from the close of the previous week
News with Possible Impact on Currencies
Stay informed. Stay Current.