There is so much to explore and experience in Barcelona! But, if you only had one day to visit, there are some must-see items to include on your itinerary.
La Sagrada Familia
Book your entry time online for first thing in the morning and beat the crowds at La Sagrada Familia. This unfinished Roman Catholic cathedral is part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site – and a Barcelona favourite that shouldn’t be skipped!
Walk from La Sagrada Familia to the following stops (1.5 hours walking time).
- Arc de Triomf
- Built for the 1888 Barcelona World Fair
- Placa de Catalunya
- A city square in the heart of Barcelona
- Casa Batllo
- Located in the centre of the city, it is an architectural beauty – book your tickets online if you want to go inside!
- Stroll down the famous La Rambla and get a tasty treat at La Boqueria market
- We recommend fresh juice and a scrumptious pastry
- Walk down the Gothic Quarter
- Take in the history of the medieval streets and striking architecture, window shop, and check out the street food and flower vendors
Dine like a local at Teta de Monja. Grab a drink and a seat outside and enjoy the excellent food and vibes of Barcelona.
Barcelona has one of the most exciting nightlife scenes in the world. You might want to have a nap beforehand though, as clubs in Barcelona don’t get busy until after midnight and you’ll be dancing (literally) until the sun comes up at 6 AM if you want. Head to the Raval neighbourhood for exciting clubbing in trendy bars. Or, stop by La Tiza for a more relaxed vibe and to catch a football game in the background.
After your day in Barcelona, check out the rest of Spain!
Stay Informed. Stay Current.