In the Toronto area there is always something going on…and with a three day weekend coming up, you can bet even more than usual is happening! Let’s find out what the best things to do on Easter weekend in the GTA are.
Pickering Easter Parade
The Easter Parade in Pickering is perfect for families and kids. The parade runs along Annland Street from 10:00AM to 12:00PM on Saturday March 31st. This year, the parade theme is “Super Hero Bunny.” Come check out the floats and wave at the Easter Bunny!
Easter Egg Hunt and Scavenger Hunt at Pingle’s Farm
For its 31st season, Pingle’s Fun Farm is welcoming spring with Easter festivities. Pingle’s is located just east of Oshawa in Hampton. This event is perfect for kids and families. Their Easter egg hunt is geared towards toddlers and young kids, while the scavenger hunt is more suitable for school-agers. Tickets for children are $10.99 while adults pay $8.99. Hunters can come from 10:00AM until 3:00PM, Friday March 30th to Sunday April 1st. Pingle’s market and bakery will be open for more sweet treats.
Get crafty at Crock-a-Doodle
Paint your own Easter or spring pottery with friends or family at Crock-a-Doodle. Choose from pottery eggs, Easter egg holders, deviled egg platters, chicks, rabbits, or paint spring flowers on serving dishes, mugs, flower pots, and more! Visit the gallery for inspiration.
Crock-a-Doodle has several locations in the Greater Toronto Area including Hamilton, Whitby, London, and Newmarket. See locations for a studio near you!
Visit Toronto’s Tourist Attractions
- The Royal Ontario Museum is offering Animal Explorers which provides kids (12 and under) with scavenger hunts on Sunday April 1st. Or, check out the Vikings exhibit March 30th or 31st.
- The Easter Bunny and Hatchimals will be making an appearance at the Toronto Zoo for lots of photo opportunities and family fun.
- Casa Loma is hosting an Easter Brunch Sunday April 1st. Enjoy a luxurious breakfast and wander the castle at your leisure after your meal. Tickets are $75.00 for adults, $55.00 for children, and free for children under 3 years-old.
Go to a Concert
There are tons of concerts happening in the Toronto area Easter weekend. For example:
- Lorde – March 29th at the Air Canada Centre
- BADBADNOTGOOD – March 30th and 31st at the Danforth Music Hall
- Andy Grammer – April 2nd at Phoenix Centre
- Johnny Reid – April 2nd at the Danforth Music Hall
Enjoy your Easter weekend!
Written by Megan Cary.
Stay informed. Stay Current.