Note: ‘The Hunt for the Golden Egg’ has now finished. Thanks to everyone who took part in the contest! You can find all clues with the solutions below.
Most importantly however, congratulations to Cassidy Swanston…our lucky winner!
FXtoGO™ and the Continental Current present: The Hunt for the Golden Egg! With Easter season upon us, we wanted to give something back to you – our loyal readers – in celebration of the holiday. Since everyone likes finding things and prizes, we figured a treasure hunt was the perfect option!
Want to win $250? Here’s how you play.
Across theCurrent, we have hidden clues on assorted pages and articles. Starting with ‘Clue 1′ below, follow our trail across the website to find the Golden Egg. While the second clue can be found on a variety of related pages (that’s a hint by the way), from then on each clue you find pertains to a specific page. Just follow the clue to the correct page to find the next clue, and repeat until you have your reward (that’s the Golden Egg in case you were wondering)!
We’ve also scattered other, less golden eggs throughout theCurrent which can win you smaller prizes and goodies. All of these smaller prizes and eggs will be located on articles from no earlier than November 1, 2016, while the Golden Egg trail could lead you anywhere (and to any time) – so be ready for some searching and riddling! You have from now until the end of the day next Monday (11:59 PM on April 24, 2017) to hunt!
What do I win?
Without a doubt, the most important question. Follow the trail, find the Golden Egg, click on it, and enter for your chance to win the EGG-cellent prize of $250 in the currency of your choice delivered straight to your door through FXtoGO™! Don’t worry though; if you find the other non-golden Easter Eggs, you’ll still get a very helpful reward.
Start your hunt! Here’s your first clue…
Start your hunt with Clue #1 below. There are multiple related articles you can find Clue #2 on – but from then on there is only one right answer! 10 different riddles, Easter mysteries and clues in total… Good luck!
Note: As the Hunt as finished, the clue has now disappeared. Who knows…maybe there will be another trail to follow in the future! If you missed it, you check out our clues and solutions below.
- Clue 1: Hoppity-hop far away…for Continental Currency Exchange services, not much will you pay.
- Clue 2: Lower than buy but higher than sell, when you google currency this rate it will tell.
- Solution: FX101: What is the Middle Rate?
- Clue 3: A currency from the east, the rate is not strong. The name of this one can sometimes sound a bit wrong.
- Solution: Currency Spotlight: Vietnamese đồng
- Clue 4: You’re on the right path but now solve a pun. We’ll be sure to let you know when you’ve won.
- Solution: Currency Spotlight: South Korean won
- Clue 5: The euro will take you here, but you can’t visit Prague. Instead a neighboring country you’ll find on this blog.
- Solution: Slovakia Travel Guide
- Clue 6: The clans don their tartans, while some wish to leave…the union that jolly old England worked hard to achieve.
- Solution: Scotland Country Profile
- Clue 7: You find a trail here, but where does it end? The secret lies in the Highlands and Glen.
- Solution: Hiking in the Highlands – Part 1
- Clue 8: Our 18th grand opening near Toronto was fun. Our new branch staff cannot be outdone.
- Solution: Scarborough Branch Grand Opening
- Clue 9: Part of China (sort of) and the Vegas of the East, win a Golden Egg to bring to your holiday feast.
- Solution: Macau Capsule
- Clue 10: From the famous Great Wall to an ancient city, these Seven instill Wonder…all chosen by committee.
- Solution: The Seven Wonders of the World
- Clue 11: The path is nearly complete! Your egg awaits…but how to order currency from home and still get great rates?
- Solution: FXtoGO: Order Currency Online
Enjoy the Hunt, before it hops away!
While following the clues and winning the big one is the best part of ‘The Hunt for the Golden Egg’, we hope you’ll spend some time checking out our stories, guides, and other articles! Who knows where you’ll find some great prizes…
Don’t forget to sign up for our weekly newsletter at the bottom of the page. You’ll get all our best content straight to your inbox every Monday!
Any questions? Email us at email@example.com!
Note: FXtoGO online orders and deliveries only valid inside Canada.
Stay informed. Stay Current.
Terms of Participation
Continental Currency Exchange presents: The Hunt for the Golden Egg
Official Contest Rules
Please read these Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”) in their entirety before entering the ‘The Hunt for the Golden Egg’ Contest. By entering ‘The Hunt for the Golden Egg’ Contest you agree to be bound by these Rules.
- The ‘Hunt for the Golden Egg’ (“Contest”) is sponsored by Continental Currency Exchange (“Sponsor”), 190 Church Street, Bowmanville, ON L1C 1T9.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest or to win a prize. A purchase will not improve or affect the chances of winning.
- The Contest opens on Friday, April 14, 2017, at 1:00 pm (ET) (“Contest Opening Date”) and closes on Monday, April 24, 2017at 11:59 pm (ET) (“Contest Closing Date”).
- The Contest Period runs from the Contest Opening Date to the Contest Closing Date.
- The Contest is open to all visitors of the website www.continentalcurrency.ca and blog.continentalcurrency.ca, also known as The Continental Current, who maintain a home or business address within Canada.
- Current, former or retired employees of either Sponsor (“Excluded Persons”) and any member(s) of the immediate family or household of an Excluded Person are not eligible to win the Grand Prize, but may participate in accordance with the contest rules.
PRIZES AND PRIZE CONDITIONS
- Multiple prizes will be awarded for the Contest: one (1) Grand Prize, and multiple Second Prizes. All prizes will be awarded after the Contest Closing Date.
- The Grand Prize consists of one (1) $250 Canadian cash value, converted/exchanged into the currency of the winner’s choice available for delivery through FXtoGO™. The currency will be exchanged at Continental Currency Exchange’s best retail exchange rate available at the time of request. The delivery must be made to a valid Canadian address.
- Multiple Second Prizes will be awarded consisting of a $5 Gift Card for orders on FXtoGO™ over $500, $5 off cash purchases in branch over $500, and $10 off money transfers and wires over $1000. Second prizes are only redeemable once per client and expire on July 1, 2017.
- All of the prizes awarded in connection with the Contest are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, have no cash surrender value, and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions.
- The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute any prize with another prize(s) of equivalent or greater value, without liability and for any reason including, but not limited to: delays caused by labour disruptions, adverse weather conditions or other unforeseen events or force majeure, or any other reasons.
WINNER SELECTION AND PRIZE AWARD
- The Grand Prize will be awarded based on a random draw from all Entrants who reach the ‘Golden Egg’ and enter their information. The Second Prizes will be available to all Entrants who find and click on any other ‘Egg’ hidden on the Continental Current.
- The odds/chances of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the number of Entrants who reach the ‘Golden Egg’. Only one entry per person.
- The potential winner of the Grand Prize will be announced shortly after the draw (taking place after Monday, April 24, 2017), at the discretion of the Sponsor. The potential winner will be contacted by the Sponsor or a representative of the Sponsor by telephone and/or email following the determination of the winner
- At least two attempts will be made to contact the potential winner on different days. If the potential winner cannot be reached by the Sponsor or a representative of the Sponsor within 48 hours of the initial attempt, if any prize notification correspondence is returned as “undeliverable” or if, for any reason, the prize cannot be awarded to the potential winner, the prize will be forfeited by the potential winner, the draw will be redone and the notification process set out in these Rules will be followed until the Grand Prize has been awarded.
- Before being declared a confirmed winner, the potential winner must
(a) correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited skill-testing question (to be administered by telephone at a pre-arranged time); and
(b) sign and return within five (5) business days of notification, a Declaration of Eligibility and Release of Publicity and Liability (“Declaration and Release”) which:
(i) confirms compliance with these Rules;
(ii) acknowledges acceptance of the applicable prize as awarded;
(iii) releases the Sponsor and their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns and all other persons or entities connected with the Contest as described below from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and/or the awarding and use/misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; and
(iv) confirms agreement to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address (city only) without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet.
- If the potential winner fails to correctly answer, unaided, the time-limited skill-testing question; fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; and/or cannot or is, for any reason unable to, accept the Grand Prize as awarded for any reason; then the potential winner will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the Grand Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select an alternate potential winner from among the remaining eligible entries (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to the newly selected potential winner).
- Once the winner has been determined by the Sponsor, the winner must accept delivery of their prize, within two (2) weeks or the prize will be forfeited and there will be no liability to the Sponsor in the event this occurs. Sponsor will confirm prize delivery arrangements with each confirmed winner.
- The Grand Prize is covered by all the restrictions already in place with the FXtoGO online ordering platform. More information can be found here: https://order.continentalcurrency.ca/Order2/PublicOrder
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- In no event will Sponsor or any other releasee (as defined below and referred to collectively as “Released Parties”) be responsible or liable for any and all claims, actions, damages, losses, costs, expense or liability of any kind (including, but not limited to, property damage, personal injuries and/or death, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, and counsel fees and court costs) arising or resulting from anything relating to or including, but not limited to:
(a) the production, administration or execution of the Contest (or Entrant’s participation in the Contest);
(b) cancellation, modification or rescheduling of any aspect of the Contest;
(c) use of any web site(s) related to the Contest or materials on the web site;
(d) acceptance, possession, use, misuse, or non-use of any prize (e) any lost, stolen, not received, destroyed, damaged, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, fraudulent or late entries, and all such entries will be void and not eligible; (f) any failure to receive entries for any reason or technical failures or errors of any kind, including, but not limited to, incorrect or inaccurate capture or loss of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omissions, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, servers, software, traffic congestion on the internet or any website, any other online communication problems, or any combination thereof;
(g) any seeding or printing or typographical errors in any Contest related material or human error; and
(h) any injury or damage to a participant’s or to any other person’s computer system(s) due to viruses or breaches of privacy from interference by third party computers.
- If it is determined that an Entrant has entered the Contest in a manner other than as provided in these Rules or in the ‘Hunt for the Golden Egg’ contest rules, the Entrant will be disqualified and the entry will be disqualified.
- Neither Sponsor nor any other Released Party is responsible for:
(a) any lost, late, damaged, incomplete, illegible, stolen, misdirected, or postage due mail, shipping or email or entries in the Contest;
(b) any website, computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, internet or other equipment, electronics, software, service, transmission, connection, processing or other errors, failures, congestion, accessibility or availability issues;
(c) any unauthorized access, tampering, hacking, theft or destruction;
(d) any other technical or human error in the receipt or processing of entries, or other submissions (whether to or from) or otherwise related to the production, administration or execution of the Contest.
- In these Rules, “Released Party” or “Released Parties” means one or more of Sponsor and their respective affiliates and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors, subcontractors, insurers and assigns.
- The decision(s) of the Sponsor is/are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest including, but not limited to the administration of the Contest, the selection of potential winners, the determination of the eligibility of any entry and the award of any prize in connection with the Contest.
- In the event that a potential or determined winner is disqualified for any reason, the Grand Prize, as the case may be, may be awarded to an alternate winner by random draw from among all remaining eligible Contest entries. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be subject to enforcement, remedies and damages.
- The Sponsor reserves the right, to suspend Contest in whole or in part, at any time and in any way, without prior notice with no obligation or liability. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, whether due to technical failure, computer virus, tampering, fraud, or corruption of security or proper administration of the Contest or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, the Sponsor reserves the right to select winners by way of the procedures set forth in these Rules (or any reasonable amended version thereof) from among all valid entries received up to the time of cancellation, termination or suspension.
- Copies of the Rules are available by writing at 190 Church Street, Bowmanville, ON L1C 1T9. The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws of Canada. Void where prohibited.